Language interpretation is a fast growing service that has become imperative for organizations when they expand their business. Finding the right interpreter is of utmost importance in ensuring accurate translation. Read on to learn more about different types of interpretation services:
1. Simultaneous interpretation
Simultaneous interpreter services are provided when there is a need to translate a speech simultaneously with the speaker. This kind of interpretation happens at conferences and seminars wherein there is an international participation. The professional translates the speech sitting in a booth, listening to the speaker through the headphones. This requires immense linguistic skills as the translator does not have the luxury of time to translate one language to the other. In such cases there has to be more than one professional doing interpreting in order to take turns to keep up the quality of interpretation.
2. Consecutive interpretation
In consecutive interpreting services, the translator gets to listen to the speaker first and then when the speaker pauses, the expert translates what the speaker has been saying. Then the linguist listens to the answer from the second person and translates it to the first speaker when he pauses. This is less tiring when compared to the aforementioned type and thus would not require more than one professional to do the job. It is important to note that the speakers do not continue the speech without pauses between sentences and phrases. This is mostly used in diplomat meetings, business meetings, medical appointments and courts.
Getting prepared for noise-free communication
It is important to source the right translator from companies who work with professionals that have a sound knowledge of the English language. A wrong translation of word or phrase can be detrimental when it comes to businesses and the healthcare industry. Thus when hiring a company, make sure that the interpreting professionals are versatile and have experience in interpreting the language pairs that you are looking for.
Follow these steps to ensure that you hire the right professional:
1. Give the company a detailed idea about you requirement. The date, time and venue should also be informed beforehand.
2. The nature of interpretation must be explained. What type of interpretation or translation are you looking for? Simultaneous or consecutive? Or is it a tele-conversation? Does it involve body language interpretation? Giving a comprehensive idea about your requirement will help the language interpreter companies to assign the job to the right expert.
3. Do you have any additional requirement? Depending on the situations and settings, it is possible that you have an additional requirement. Eg, you have a long term care patient and you need the same person to be doing the interpretation. In this case, you can always ask the interpreting companies to provide you an expert who can comply with this need.
If you are planning a conference, it is better to work with a local translation service company. This ensures that the professional is always at your reach and can be contacted when required.